Monday, February 23, 2009

New York's Passion for Fashion

Spotted: New York fashionista Carrie sitting front row at Zac Posen’s runway show.

Well, not exactly, but I did get my first taste of New York’s premiere fashion event last week.

Beginning Friday, Feb. 13, enormous white tents were set up in Bryant Park for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. All week, designers, both veteran and up-and-coming, showcased their designs to the press, industry insiders, celebrities and even new New Yorkers like me.

Because I don’t work for a famous designer and my friends aren’t the New York socialites I’d hoped for, I needed to find another way into Fashion Week. It just so happens that Peaches’ friend does PR for Generra and she forwarded Peaches an invite to their Fall 2009 Presentation, encouraging her to invite friends.

Thrilled, I RSVPed immediately. I was excited to see wha
t they had in store for their Fall 2009 line. Generra’s fashions have been featured in the pages of Women’s Wear Daily, InStyle and Lucky. Jennifer Aniston even has a pair of their jeans!

On Monday, Peaches, Anne and I arrived at Generra’s event and settled in next to the runway. While we waited for the presentation to start, we attempted to grab some of the free-flowing wine. Although the wine evaded us, the music did not. The DJ started rocking Lady GaGa and the models began to file out. When every model had found a place, the crowd broke and started circling the runway.

Finally nabbing a glass of red and a glass of white, we took our wine to go and made the rounds. From the clothes to the music to the people, it was a fantastic show. As the press snapped pictures for their Fashion Week reports and the buyers snapped pictures for their records, we snapped pictures to prove we were there.

So now that you can see I’ve totally “been there, done that,” I’m off to the runways of Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment