Luckily, Restaurant Week has continued as a two week event in both the summer and winter. It includes both lunch and dinner offerings - three-course, prix-fixe meals for $24.07 and $35 respectively.
Although I have participated in Restaurant Week before, I took full advantage this year, making reservations at three of New York’s most famous restaurants: One if by Land, Two if by Sea, Smith & Wollensky and Kobe Club. It’s the only time of year us entry-level employees can pretend to be foodies!
On Tuesday, I enjoyed One if by Land, Two if by Sea with a couple of my PR girls. My dinner at the Greenwich Village eatery included:
- Salad of Winter Greens with blood orange vinaigrette
- Grilled Bavette Steak with sweet potato gratin and pearl onions
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup (warm chocolate cake, peanut ice cream and salty caramel)
I walked away satisfied and with a new-found appreciation for pearl onions (yum!).
On Wednesday, a few colleagues and I went to lunch at Smith & Wollensky. Their steak was Miranda’s steak-of-choice in The Devil Wears Prada. My lunch at the Midtown steakhouse included:
- Caesar Salad
- Filet Mignon
- Mashed Potatoes
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
Needless to say, it was hard to stay awake after such a filling meal in the middle of the day!
On Friday, John Marshall came to visit. As a fellow foodie, I made sure a Restaurant Week stop was on the list for the weekend. Our reservations at Kobe Club were at 10 p.m. (Restaurant Week reservations can be hard to come by!). My dinner at the Midtown hot spot included:
- American “Kobe” Beef Cheek Ravioli
- Kobe Chopped Sirloin Steak
- Wasabi & Shiso Whipped Potatoes
- Berries ‘N Vanilla Cream
It was a delicious week, but now I’m headed to the gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment